ENT Center physicians and surgeons diagnose and treat all abnormal conditions of the nose and sinus cavity. About 35 million people develop chronic sinusitis each year making it one of the most common health complaints in America. What’s important to know is that, left untreated, allergies may contribute to major health issues like chronic nasal congestion, sleep apnea and asthma.
Care of the nasal cavity and sinuses is a primary skill of all ENT Center Otolaryngologists. This includes the testing for and treatment of allergies. Specialists here at the ENT Center can administer skin prick tests and patch tests to help you find out what is causing your allergic reactions.
During allergy skin tests, your skin is exposed to suspected allergy-causing substances (allergens) and is then observed for signs of an allergic reaction. Along with your medical history, allergy tests may be able to confirm whether or not a particular substance you touch, breathe or eat is causing symptoms.
Once we have narrowed the possibilities, many patients opt to receive an allergy shot at the ENT Center of Utah. these injections are given over a three-to-five-year period to stop or reduce allergy attacks. Often called immunotherapy, these shots contain a tiny portion of the substances that trigger your allergic response. These small amounts stimulate your immune system but aren’t enough to cause an allergic reaction. Over time, your body is accustomed to the allergens and builds a tolerance so your symptoms diminish.
Sometimes, patients aren’t quite sure whether they are coming down with a cold or are starting to suffer a reaction from an allergen. We have put together a really snappy way to help you decide if you have a cold or allergies.
Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Rhinoplasty and Reconstructive Nasal Surgery
- Rhinoplasty Photos: Before and After
- How to Prepare for Nose Surgery
- Female Rhinoplasty: Before and After Photos
- What to Expect During Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty and Nose Surgery
- 10 Tips for a Quick Recovery from Nose Surgery
- Repairing a Broken Nose
- Broken Nose: Before and After Photos
- 3 Reasons to Get a Nose Job
- 5 Signs You May Have a Deviated Septum
Sinus Headache and Sinusitis
Allergy Diagnosis and Treatment
- 5 Tips to Avoid Utah Allergies
- 8 Essential Tips to Manage Grass Allergies
- Facts about Allergies, Hay Fever and Allergy Treatment
- Causes of a Stuffy Nose
Call Us with Questions
For questions about nose services and procedures, call 801-328-2522 to schedule a consultation with one of our nose specialists.
Related Nose Care and Information Links
- Pillar Procedure Helps People Stop Snoring
- Ear, Nose and Throat Center Helps Utah Smokers Stop Smoking
- Learn about the importance of your nose
- Learn what causes and how to treat nosebleeds
- Read 20 questions and answers about sinuses and sinusitis
- Learn about sinus headaches
- Learn about sinusitis and sinus infections
- Learn about sinus surgery
- Learn about a deviated septum
- Facial Sports Injuries
- Gastroesphageal Reflux (GERD) & Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR)
- Post-nasal Drip
- Smell and Taste Disorders
- Stuffy Nose
Nose, Sinus and Allergy Videos